Thursday, November 19, 2009

FAQ : Academic Advising

1) How do I get help picking classes if I am undeclared?
Contact Advising & Academic Services by calling (909) 537-5034 and set up an appointment with one of the advisors. Visit our website and see how we can help you.

2) How do I get help picking classes if I have a major?
Each major has a department. Contact their office to find out about their advising schedule. Click the Coyote eAdvising Guide by Majors for websites.

3) What is the S.T.A.R.S program?
It stands for Student Transition Advising & Retention System. It is a program to help new freshmen undeclared students transition from high school, find a major, and stay in good standing.

4) Is there on-line or Email advising available?
Yes, there is a Email advising where you can ask any question related to the university. Click askcsusb@csusb.edu

5) I need help with explaining what General Education is. Where can I go?
You can click on the following link and/or contact our office and meet with one of our advisors to help you explain the General Education requirements.

6) I am taking classes at the Palm Desert Campus. Who can I contact for academic help?
There are many departments and programs available. You can visit the Palm Desert website or email Darius Riggins: driggins@csusb.edu

7) I can't complete my remedial English and Math requirement within one year. What do I do?
You will need to contact Advising & Academic Services and discuss a plan. It may include that you attend a community college to complete your basic skills coursework. See page 46 & 66 of the 2009-10 Catalog (Bulletin of Courses)

8) How can I find out about all the courses I have taken and what requirements I need in order to get my degree?
Go to your MyCoyote and download your own copy of the PAWS which has the information you need.

9) I want to get a Teaching Credential. Where do I go?
You can visit the College of Education website.

No comments: